Today...

On: Monday, July 28, 2008

I got new school clothes, and shoes.

The clothes are just fine.
They don't sow any logos, or any crap like that.
But, the shoes... they're VANS :(
I hate VANS because of the way they market they're logo.
It's stupid.
I don't skateboard, so it's already annoying to like the skateboard shoes, but, it's already to market a company that's like Hot Topic.
Yes, I put VANS up there with Hot Topic.
It is that bad.

Just like Hot Topic, VANS markets a sub-culture as mainsteam.
And, half the people that are punk/skateboard/etc. don't even care, and buy the shoes still!
That's stupid.

Hot Topic did the same thing on a much larger scale. So, I don't go to Hot Topic.
It's my own personal protest against that sort of mainstreaming.
Not that I'm against mainstream.
I'm against sub-culture's that are against mainstream going mainstream.

So, I took this shoe:
DSCN0270

And turned it into this:
DSCN0271

Yes, it was easy.
Just had to cut off the logo.

However, the other shoe didn't want the logo to come off.
So, it left a big blot of dried glue.
I think I can fix it.

My Sneaux though (the shoes I have had for a year) have actually been used so much that the suede has come off, and now the shoe feels like leather :D
When I picked it up today, I looked at it funny cause I thought it was one of my grandpa's leather shoes.
:P

"You want to burn it down | So fucking slowly"
Trick Seventeen - Trick Seventeen - You Swank!
Anarcho-Punk FTW!

0 comments on "Today..."