On: Monday, August 4, 2008

I was planning my blog entry for yesterday (is that even correct English?), but then I got up in Mybloglog it's pretty much just a way to get your blog noticed, and I think it works... a little.
My blog isn't really anything that most people would want to check out every day or anything, but I still love comments :p

So, I've been giving that a try, and it's at least getting me some hits.
Comments, nah, but hits are good too.


Anyways, I've been working on making even a tiny dent in the Blogosphere.
Do they even it call it that anymore?
Yeah, it's that hard to keep up with the internet.
It's even harder when you have a rat trying to type for you -.-
And by type I mean "bbbbbbbbbbsdakjf" -.-
Oh well, I love Toshiba. Even if he hasn't quite figured out that my fingers are not food.

I digress, today I haven't done much.
I joined this pretty awesome site called Tumblr.
It's kind of like Twitter, but better for actual blogging.
A lot of people use Twitter to just say what they're doing.
That's because Twitter thinks that if you can't say it in 140 words, it's not worth saying.
But with Tumblr I can post any random thought, link, quote or picture or video.
I'm not limited.
So, Tumblr is for a newer type of blogging called "Life Streaming".

To be honest, I'm not sure how new life streaming is because some people refer to the way Tumblr works as the way older blogs worked
"They remind me of an older style of blogging, back when people did sites by hand..."
Jason Kottke
And, I can see how that  would make sense.
In the ealier days of blogging. Posting was less organized, and less corporate.
A "web log" was normally just a list of what happened, or a list of interests, or a list of this and that.
Early internet wasn't based around multimedia. It was based around text that was added at sporadic occasions by people who knew how to code a website.
That's why it was called a Web Log, or occasionally simply a journal, or diary.
But, I'm going to try to use Tumblr to pretty much just archive my daily life (and any thing I find that interests me), while this blog gets to be the center point of my thoughts... well, and my music... and my pictures... and my... oh, this is the biggest part. Tumblr is a side thing of interests and events :p
Also, my Tumblr is on the side panel to the right.
The thing that says liveblog.
Also, about my review of Xubuntu.
XFCE seems mostly like a slightly less organized, slightly more complicated version of GNOME.
But, it opens programs so fast that I'm gonna' stick with it for a while.
But, for people looking for a good Linux distro, Ubuntu seems the most stable.
Some people practically worship Opensuse, but everytime I've tried to use it, it crashes on me.
I might as well get to the music
  


How about something Ambient?

That should offset someof the harder stuff I've been having on here ;]

1 comments on " "

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna make my own journal