Some Interesting Points

On: Saturday, August 2, 2008

Other than the fact that yes, the Xanax seems to combat some of my problems, it does seem to lower my appetite even more :|
It also makes me slightly more dehydrated -.-

But, that is not what this blog is about.
Firstly, last night I looked into changing blogging sites.
For those who don't know, right now I use Blogger.

Firstly I looked into Livejournal, but quickly decided it was way to complicated for my simple mind :P
Plus, it revolved around social interactions.
Which I find pointless in a blog.

So, I went to Wordpress which had a login that said "Already Hip?"
I was like, "No, but I want to be hip. Sounds like it'd be cool."
Well, Wordpress was complicated at first, but after a half hour of messing with it, I managed to import my posts from Blogger to Wordpress.
Okay, so check out my blog which I had already customized to look nice and simple.

Scan my old posts... some thing is messing.

All of the flash code for my Jamendo playlists had vanished!
POOF!
Gone.

But, I decided to not let something small like that get in my way.
I would just go an re-add all the code.
Nothing way to big.

But, I tried it on one playlist, and then hit "Save".
Checked my blog.
Nothing.
About then I was getting pissed off.
But, I had started to actually like the way Wordpress was set up.
So, I did as much searcing as I could on how to add the Jamendo playlist.
Nothing.

I was super upset by now.
So, I just said screw it, and made my way back to the best blogging service for people who actually use media in they're blogs :D


But, for Web2.0 I would like to show ya' a nice search engine.

Searchme


This is an awesome search engine that pretty much searches like any other search enigine, but then it shows you the results in a nice coverflow form.
Then, you can make personal "Stacks" which hold searches divded in pretty much any way you want.

Like, here's my stack for Wikipedia articles of medicines that I take or have taken (trust, that is useful for me)

Then, here's another stack of mine that is just a handful of sites that I find help ease boredom :P

Right now though, your stacks are saved in your "Flash Cache" which basically means if you delete your cookies, you will lose your stacks. They're saying they're working on that though.




  

Today I would like to show ya' All:My:Faults.
It's a good German band that kinda' sounds like a less industrial/techno version of NDH with a very strong mixing of British Metalcore.

1 comments on "Some Interesting Points"

Bill Masson said...

Hi Tyler,
Nice article, i went through the same process moving from blogger to wordpress and in the end decided to use both, what the hell its all free.

I like your searchme visual app, will have to check that one out, cheers for the tips.
MaxHomeBits